top of page
Information about the Stony Run Venue for Members interested in exhibiting their work at this venue in a show or monthly display event.
The winery's hours are subject to change due to weather, currently they are open Sundays 12pm - 5 pm; Thursday 2pm - 7 pm, Fridays and Saturdays 12pm - 7 pm
Current as of 1/03/23
1. All work must be for sale. cards will be placed next to paintings with information about the art and purchase. Artist can complete cards at drop off. The display period is Approximately two months duration.
2. All work must be priced at less than $1000
3. All artists that display are required to assist with hanging their work on the assigned day or finding a substitute or otherwise clearing with Valerie Schramak.
Paintings typically will be exchanged bi-monthly on the first Thursday of the month from 12 pm-2 pm. (Artists will be notified if this is not the case.) Display artists are requested to be present at the planned Opening and closing receptions and should invite their family and friends to attend.
The only exception for artists having to stay and assist with hanging is if an all member show is planned with volunteers scheduled for those events, we do ask that you consider volunteering for these events.
4. All artists are required to pick up their work at the designated time and day or find a substitute. there is no storage on site.
5. Work sold at the venue will entail a 20% commission. 5% to the venue and 15% to Parkland art league. This offsets costs incurred to have work insured at the venue in the event of a catastrophe. There is a $500 deductible so you are accepting that amount of risk for your work and are advised to speak to your own insurance agent regarding coverage for your work.
The artist is solely responsible for reporting income on works sold on their own income taxes.
$350.00 SALE PRICE OF PAINTING -Buyer pays
- 17.50 Commission to Stony Run - 5%
- 52.50 commission to PAL - 15%
- 10.45 PayPal processing fee - 2.9%+$.30 $269.55 Payment to artist
6. Buyers will be required to contact the artist to purchase a work. You are to verify the form of payment with the buyer: either PayPal, on our website, check or cash. If the buyer wants to take the painting immediately they must pay by PayPal or on our website. Valerie Schramak will notify you once the payment is received. The Stony Run manager will know that payment is made and that it is okay for the buyer to remove the painting. You are required to replace the painting at the venue with a similar sized painting if the current exhibit runs more than an additional 7 days.
If the buyer wishes to pay by check, the painting may not be removed from the winery until the treasurer receives the payment. Checks should be made payable to "Parkland Art League". The check can be hand delivered or mailed to Valerie Schramak, (Treasurer PAL) at 8420 Knoll St., Fogelsville, PA 18051. If the buyer pays by check, Stony Run Winery will notify Valerie Schramak that payment was received for a painting.You are also required to provide a replacement painting to fill the vacant space if the exhibit is in place for longer than 7 days.
In the event that an artist does not have another painting to replace a sold work in a show that continues at least 8 days, you must notify Marianne Knipe OR Valerie Schramak so a replacement will be made by an available artist.
If shipping the work is required, it is the artist selling the work's responsibility to determine shipping costs and costs incurred to prepare the work to be shipped without damage and to get payment for this from the buyer prior to shipping. The Club will accept the payment through our PayPal account if that is more convenient for the parties involved; however, fees charged by PayPal for processing will be deducted from the amount issued to the artist. there are no processing fees with a check.
7. payment for Sales should be directed
through the club's website or email payment via PayPal to PAL's account which is "firstname.lastname@example.org" Additionally, a check could be made out to "Parkland Art League" and mailed/delivered to the Treasurer.
8. There will be an online catalog of all work shown at this venue. In the event a patron at the winery was there in the past and would like to purchase a work previously on display. They can look for the image online and purchase the work on the website. Work will remain visible and for sale on line for the remainder of the calendar year after the initial hanging period. a 10% commission and credit card processing fees would be deducted form artists reimbursement if a painting is sold during this time frame. Artists should notify Deb Haaf If they do not want their paintings listed on the website after the venue exhibit. if the painting remains on our website but has been sold privately, please notify Deb Haaf so that is is removed from our product gallery.
9. In order to exhibit you should have 10 paintings available to show. They must be framed with wire and hooks, clean and appealing to a potential buyer. Images of your work should be emailed to Marianne
Knipe who will review the images and contact you for a spot on the schedule.
10. Minimum size of paintings 9 x 12,Maximum size of Paintings 24 x 36 - not including frame.
Contact Information for Stony Run Crew
Valerie Schramak, Treasurer 610 573-4413
Marianne Knipe, Vice President 610 442-8097
Deb Haaf, President 610 533-5345
Jim Roth, Hanging Crew 610 967-4916
bottom of page